Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2008-07-28

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Open question to the TC -- do we want to formally track "regrets" and
> announce them during TC calls and keep them in the minutes?  Formally, it
> has no effect on attendance, quorums or voting rights.

Given that posting "regrets" does not have any effect on attendance,
quorums or (keeping) voting right, what would be the value of tracking
them in the minutes?

If a TC members has posted "regrets" to the mailing, then they are
publicly visible without being tracked. And if a TC member has send them
to the chairs only (what happens frequently), then she or he probably
has no interest that the regrets are recored publicly.

So, given the additional overhead that it causes to track regrets, I'm
in favor of not tracking them formally.