Subject: Re: [office] preferred view mode upon opening document

I think without separating an extended-preferred-view-mode attribute works as well, because, according to the string pattern, namespacedToken value can be identified from the pre-defined values. So Michael's concerns can be resolved.

Now the revised proposal should be like as below:

Preferred View Mode
The manifest:preferred-view-mode attribute is meant to provide a preference on how the author of the document would like the document to be presented upon the document is opened. This attribute is only applicable to the root file entry with the full path ¡°/¡±.There are 3 view modes pre-defined: ¡°edit¡±, ¡°presentation-slide-show¡± and ¡°read-only¡±. Beyond that, a namespaced value is defined to enable the specific application to customize its preferred view mode. View modes are not necessarily generally applicable to all MIME types. No default value is defined, and the way in which an application responds when no ¡°preferred-view-mode¡± attribute is specified is undefined.
<define name="file-entry-attlist" combine="interleave">
<optional>
<attribute name="manifest:preferred-view-mode">
<choice>
<value>edit</value>
<value>presentation-slide-show</value>
<value>read-only</value>
<ref name=¡±namespacedToken¡±>
</choice>
</attribute>
</optional>
</define>

I updated the wiki about this proposal at this link:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/proposal%3Aauto-play_presentation_file_format?highlight=(CategoryNewProposal\b)|(CategoryCategory\b)|(ProposalTemplate\b)

Also I updated the odt proposal document at this link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/29788/08-06-08-proposal00070

I would like to ballot on the next TC call if no fundermental changes occur.

Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia(¼ÖÃ÷·É)
IBM Lotus Symphony Development
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82452493 Fax: 86-10-82452887
NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software Park, No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.China