Subject: Re: [office] review ODF 1.2 specification draft - chapter 18, attributesin fo namespace

Jirka,

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>

>> I have reviewed the attributes in the fo namespace in chapter 18 of our
>> current ODF 1.2 specification draft.
>>

> BTW, draft of ODF 1.2 still references XSL-FO 1.0 which has been
> superseded by XSL-FO 1.1 two years ago (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/).
> Shouldn't 1.1 be referenced instead?

It isn't an automatic decision. We need to look at what changed in
XSL-FO 1.1 to see if we want to change our reference.

Simply because a new version of a standard has appeared does not mean
that older versions are suddenly not being used.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: Along with Oliver, I don't know about the update either. The TC
needs to see what impact changing the reference would have on ODF 1.2.
It is something that I will be checking but you could look at it,
evaluate its impact and post back to the list.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)