Subject: RE: [office] Some ballot request - ODF 1.2 part 1 conformance clause

I am pleased that this is useful.  I need to digest your responses more
carefully.

One observation is a hot button for me (since I dug into the MIME types and
couldn't find out what a template was):

Isn't it time we said what the structure and interpretation of a template
document is, especially since it must have a MIME type but might not have an
<office:body>.  (It is possible for an <office:document> to be for a
template, and the schema requires an <office:body> in that case, although I
suspect one can satisfy that requirement by having an <office:body> that is
effectively empty.)

 - Dennis

PS: I am going out on a limb about <math:math>.  Are you saying that there
is an ODF document that has <math:math> as its content.xml root element and
it has no <office:document-content> (or <office:document>) element at all?
So this would be completely outside of the <office:body> model?  I think
this needs to be reflected in Section 2 of ODF 1.2, even if it references
part 2 for details.  I had assumed that <math:math> would show up on other
subfiles of a package and these would be relied on from the main document,
not be a main document.  I see I have more homework to do.  I think it
should be reflected in Section 2 of part 1 somehow, even if only to indicate
that there is another kind of structure defined in part 2 (and maybe 3).