Subject: FO properties

Greetings!

I am working on incorporating the rest of the Sun team and other
comments into the next draft.

One item of particular concern is that we don't generally support the
value "inherit" for any FO attributes.

Whether we should or not in some future release is not of present concern.

What is of concern is whether we should place all FO attributes in a
separate section so we can make general statements about all FO
attributes and not have to repeat where we don't support values, like
inherit for any FO attribute.

There are other values that we don't support for particular values but
those will be noted on those particular attributes.

I can't think of another value that we systematically don't support for
FO attributes but I would like to avoid having to repeat that we don't
support inherit time after time on attributes.

Realize this will change the section numbers from the current draft but
I would rather do that now than after we have a public draft out for
review.

My leaning is towards simply biting the bullet and doing the section for
all FO attributes but I don't have to do it now while TC members are
reviewing it. I can do that right before we send out a version for
public review.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)