Subject: RE: [office] Required items for a public review

And that it please the reviewer and commenter deities, let us line number
the documents this time and provide cross-referencing section numbers as
deep as there are heading lines, even if the TOC doesn't go that low?

 - Dennis

PS: I just saw a nice document where every fifth line was numbered.  I think
we should number them all automatically.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 02:46
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM wrote on 11/14/2008 09:58:57 AM:

> Der TC members,
>
> below is a list of items that in my opinion have to be addressed before
> we can submit ODF 1.2 for a public review

A) Public review is one step along the path to approval as an OASIS
Standard.  For the benefit of TC members who have not been through this
process before, the important steps are:

1) Approval of a Committee Draft.  This can be done at any time, by Full
Majority Vote of the TC.  There are no other requirements.  The TC can
issue as many numbered Committee Drafts as it wishes.  I'd like the TC to
make more use of this level of approval, considering that we have some
stakeholders/partners, such as the accessibility SC, or JTC1/SC34 members,
who may want more time to review and discuss an ODF 1.2 draft than
provided for in a 2-month public review.

So I'd recommend that we approve a Committee Draft and notify the
Accessibility SC and JTC1/SC34 of it as soon as the following minimal
requirements are met:
[ ... ]