Subject: Re: [office] ODF 1.2 proposals

Doug,

from the subject of your mail I suggest that these are items you would
like to see included into ODF 1.2.

As I have written in my mail to Florian already, the decision we made in
the last TC call was:

 > TC members unanimously agreed to the following principles:
 >
 > 1) For existing, open ODF 1.2 proposals, if a TC member feels that
the proposal is a "must have" item for ODF 1.2, then he should add a
link to it on the wiki here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_tasks

 > 2) If their are remaining features which TC members feel must be in
ODF 1.2, but which are not yet entered as formal proposals, then the
member should enter a new proposal according to the instructions here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/How_to_propose_a_change_or_addition_to_ODF
and then indicate it is a must have item by adding it to the table
according to #1, above.

 > TC members are asked to complete both items above November 30th 2008.

So, you completed the first step (that is to enter the proposals top the
Wiki), but you unfortunately missed the 2nd (to add the item to the
above Wiki page).

Again as I have replied to Florian: The list of items that have been
proposed for ODF 1.2 has become very long, and I'm proposing that we
move all proposals that we can move to the next ODF version without
breaking OASIS processes to the next version, or agree on a deadline
where proposals have to be accepted, rather than to be proposed. This
would effect proposals that have been added to the Wiki page the same
way as yours, so that the fact that you missed the 2nd step above would
not matter any longer.

On 12/01/08 00:44, Doug Mahugh wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>

> I have created proposals on the wiki for the following ...
>

> drawing objects in charts:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/drawing_objects_in_charts
>
> hidden drawing objects:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/hidden_drawing_objects
>
> additional numbering formats:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/additional_numbering_formats
>
> date axis on charts: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/data_axis_on_charts
>
> data-label-series attributes:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/data-label-series_attributes
>
> table:cell-range attribute:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/table%3Acell-range_attribute
>
> x-axis direction error indicator:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/x-axis_direction_error_indicator
>
> draw:z-index semantics:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/draw%3Az-index_semantics
>
> ref-link for ref marks:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ref-link_for_ref_marks
>

> Also FYI, I will not be able to make the call tomorrow (12/1), as I will
> be on a flight at that time, but I will be on the call on 12/8.
>

> Regards,
>
> Doug
>

> Doug Mahugh | Senior Program Manager | Office Interoperability |
> 425-707-1182 | blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh <http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh>

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten