Subject: Re: [office] 2 editorial remarks

Dear TC members,

Bob Jolliffe wrote:
> Dear TC Members
>
> 2008/12/15 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems
> <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@sun.com <mailto:Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@sun.com>>
>
>     Dear TC members,
>
>     Ming Fei Jia wrote:
>      > Dear TC members,
>      >
>      > When I browser the specification OpenDocument-v1.2-draft11.odt, I
>     got 2
>      > editorial remarks as bolow, not sure whether someone already
>     reports them:
>      >
>      > 16.1 General
>      > "Styles contain additional information that is not are not formatting
>      > properties".
>      > Here "is not are not" is valid syntax?
>
>     I do not think so.
>     The words "are not" should be deleted from the text.
>

> I think this sentence may be more broken than it looks.  One would say
> "additional information that is not .." but one would also say ".. are
> not formatting properties"
>
> We could escape with: .
> "Styles contain additional properties that are not formatting properties".
> OR
> "Styles contain additional information that is not related to formatting
> properties".
>
> Hope I'm reading this correctly.

My favourite is the first one.

Thank you Bob for helping me as I am not a native english speaker.

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer