Subject: Re: [office] FO properties

Michael,

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On 22.12.08 14:29, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>

>> OK, but organizationally I understood your suggestion to be:
>>
>> -- Gather all formatting attributes (SVG, FO, style:*) into a single
>> chapter (separate from current chapter 18)
>
> Yes, this is what I suggest. However, there are formatting property
> attributes from other namespaces than the above, and there are a few
> attributes in the style namespace which are not formatting properties.

OK, so all formatting properties, in the enumerated namespaces or not go
into the formatting chapter. I don't remember the attributes in the
style namespace that are not formatting properties but we can sort that
out when deciding on the content of that chapter.

>>  From what you say above, are you suggesting that we need separate
>> treatment of all formatting elements and their children?
>
> If the <style:*-properties> elements are what you call formatting
> elements, then that's correct.

Yes, well, that was the terminology you suggested.

>> Not disagreeing, just trying to understand the extent of your
>> observation.
>>
>> Such that given the current structure the text would have the
>> following form (roughly speaking):
>>
>> (Each of the following sections containing chapters)
>>
>> Structural Elements
>>
>> Structural Attributes
>>
>> Formatting Elements
>>
>> Formatting Attributes
>
> I'm not sure if you consider these to be single chapters or not. I
> think we may keep the current structure as is, except that
>
> - we may rename chapter 16 "Formatting Properties" to "Formatting
> Property Elements"
> - we split chapter 18 into "Formatting Property Attributes" and
> "Structural Attributes"
>
> We may further want to move chapter 17 Data Types to the end, but
> that's not related to the formatting property topic.

That sounds plausible to me. I would prefer to split chapter 18 into
separate chapters simply to avoid deeper subsections.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

> Best regards
>
> Michael