Subject: 18.4 amin:audio-level

Greetings!

As I go through chapter 18 for the last major structural changes, I am
going to encounter outstanding issues. As time permits I will be posting
those to the list.

For example:

> The |anim:audio-level| attribute specifies the volume during playback.
> Its value is a number in the range 0 (inaudible) to 1 (the system volume).
>
> Ed. Note System volume is undefined and that in the schema the
> datatype is double.

Note that the term "system volume" is undefined and the datatype is
inconsistent with the prose.

Should this read:

The |anim:audio-level| attribute specifies the volume of audio
associated with an animation. Its value is a number in the range 0
(inaudible) to 1 (maximum volume).

Then should the schema be changed to require a number in the range of 0
to 1? (is the more restrictive schema going to cause problems?)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

PS: I realize everyone is ready for ODF 1.2 to be finished but let's
hold on for another couple of months while we put a real shine on this
version. If nothing else that will allow us to concentrate on new
proposals for the next version and not fixing bugs.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)