Subject: Re: office-comment -> JIRA migration

The comment list migration is done:  1495 comments in 3m 18s.

For those who are interested, what I did was:

1) Python script to scrape the mailing list archives pages to extract the
subject, author and date fields.

2) Script forms the correct URL parameters needed for the JIRA REST API
and writes these out to a text file, one line per comment.

3) Use tac to reverse the order of the file

4) Use wget to process each line in the reversed file

Of course, you could do this all in Python directly, and in fact I had it
that way originally.  But it is far easier to recover from network or
server errors, and pick up where you left off, if you have that
intermediary file.

I'll clean up the script and post it to the document library.

We'll probably want to run this script on a regular basis, maybe monthly
or even weekly when we are in a public review period.

Give me a few days to clean up the migrated comments and synch them up
with the status in our tracking spreadsheet.  Once that is done we'll want
to communicate this online tracker to the comment list and to SC34.

Regards,

-Rob