Subject: Re: [office] Spreadsheet Table Protection Options

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 17:17 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just revised the following proposal
>
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Spreadsheet_Table_Protection_Options
>
> The changes include:
>
> 1) section number updates
> 2) use http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/legacy-hash-excel as
> the URI to refer to the legacy hash algorithm used by the older versions
> of Excel.
> 3) inclusion of the legacy hash algorithm as a C code snippet.

I have further edited the proposal to

4) remove default values from the schema, and
5) allow double-hashing for the document passwords as well as the table
passwords
6) change the default value for table:protection-key-digest-algorithm-2
so that an absence of this attribute means the application should not
double-hash the password.

I would at least like someone to confirm that it's okay to use
the http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/legacy-hash-excel URI
to identify the legacy Excel hash.  It's a made-up URI and doesn't lead
to any existing content.  I made that one up only because the
table:protection-key-digest-algorithm attribute (and the -2 variant)
requires an URI.

Thanks.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<kyoshida@novell.com>