Subject: Re: [office] questions re office:process-content and meta:user-defined

Doug,

On 05/19/09 04:08, Doug Mahugh wrote:
> I've submitted a few minor issues to Jira, and I also have questions
> about the following items.  It's not clear to me whether these are
> defects to be corrected or not, so I'm posting these as email to the TC
> for clarification:
>

> 1) In section 1.4.5, what is the intent of deprecating the
> office:process-content attribute?  (Apologies if this has been discussed
> and I missed it -- I see Dennis's question about this matter on 2-Feb-09
> but I can't find a response.)

The reason was that if we start to use NVDL, that the we then should be
able to represent all validation constrains that we currently have in
the conformance clauses or reference from there using NVDL or RNG.

The office:process-content attribute's behavior regarding validation
cannot be defined using RNG and even not using NVDL. One can define in
NVDL that the content of an element is unwrapped or validated based on
the element's name, but not based on an attribute

We have moved the use of NVDL to ODF-next some time last year when we
moved also other proposals to ODF-Next, but it seems to be reasonable to
deprecate it anyway because it is clear already that some adaptation is
required when we start to use NVDL.

> 2) Section 3.3.3 states "The <meta:user-defined> element has text
> content."  Should we note that the text content is constrained by the
> type defined in the meta:value-type attribute?

Yes. The schema includes this restriction, but I have overseen to
include that case into the generation of element content description.

> Regards,
>
> Doug

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS