Subject: Re: [office] Re: Moving ODF 1.0 Errata 01 forward in SC34?

Patrick,

I just noticed that I don't see our Approved Errata 01 listed in the
JTC1/SC34 document repository, although I did send a courtesy note to Sam,
Kimura-san and Alex back last November when it was first approved.

Could you, as our newly-appointed liaison, officially transmit this
document to the Secretariat and WG1 Convenor, with a courtesy cc to Sam
and Francis, and ask for NB's to be informed of its existence?

I realize that there may be extra work required by you to get this into
Technical Corrigenda form, but we have told SC34 that we would transmit
all relevant OASIS documents when approved, and our Approved Errata, in
its current form certainly is one of them.   This is also in line with the
wishes expressed by SC34 in their N0847 where they wrote to us: "SC 34
requests that the OASIS ODF TC respond to these defect reports in a timely
fashion and publish errata in accordance with OASIS procedures. "  I think
they are overdue an official notification that we have done this.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Rob

Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 06/01/2009 03:38:39 PM:

> Rob,
>
> I will send off a note today.
>
> Should have an answer and suggested way forward by our next TC meeting.
>
> Hope you are having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > Any idea on the next steps with ODF 1.0 Errata 01?  Since we completed

> > this Approved Errata back last November, there has been complete
silence
> > on it in SC34.  It has not even made it onto an SC34 or WG agenda. Do
we
> > need to do something to get this moving?
> >
> > Since OASIS is only a liaison we do not have the ability to initiate a
New
> > Work Item in SC34.  But the new ad-hoc on ODF Maintenance they are
> > creating doesn't meet until mid September. Is there a way we can get
the
> > Errata moving along sooner in a way that respects both the urgency
> > expressed by SC34 when they originally submitted their defect report,
as
> > well as our recently agreed to maintenance procedures that calls for
SC34