Subject: FW: [OOoCon2009] Presenting at OOoCon 2009 - see the wiki!

I believe that Don Harbison may be looking to coordinate an ODF Interop
activity among the three OASIS committees.  I know one trial balloon
involves having an ODF Plugfest on the side of the conference where
heads-down interop testing is done, with the prospect of an interoperability
track or session structure at the main conference, maybe over a single day.

In the case of (WebDAV and Identity Workshop) plugfests I have been around,
the plugfest runs around the side of the conference and there might be a
reporting of activity and outcomes near the end of the conference.  (Coding
contests and codefests tend to do this too, as I recall.)

Meanwhile, there seems to be a relatively small window for proposals to
OOCon 2009.  (I note that there are bargain airfares to Rome at the moment,
although they tend to require travel from the US no later than circa October
20.  Pity [;<).

 - Dennis

PS: The first annual LinuxCon 2009 will be in mid-September in Portland
Oregon.  There is a fair amount of activity related to open-standards and (I
presume) interoperability on the first day.  There are also side events
(affiliated special meetings) on the preceding weekend and overlapping
LinuxCon.  Don Harbison is on the program and might have more about that
too.