Subject: Re: [office] Re: encryption

Hi Ming Fei,

On 09/01/09 17:47, Ming Fei Jia wrote:
> In the proposal:
> The defined value for the "algorithm" attribute is 3 options:
> • The Blowfish algorithm in CFB mode.
> • An IRI defined in §5.2 or §5.3 of [xmlenc-core]: The algorithm
> specified in §5.2 or §5.3 of [xmlenc-core] for this IRI.
> • An IRI specifying an implementation defined algorithm.
> ----------------
> Actually I think the proposal means ODF has no restriction for
> encryption algorithm and ODF encryption algorithm could be anything.
> Then, does the standard have meaning here? Of course, that is OK if

That's a good point. The intention actually was that the implementation
defined IRIs must only be used for algorithms not defined be the XML
Encryption specification. That would be the same extensibility mechanism
as the XML Encryption specification defines itself. My proposal however
does not make this clear. I will revise it in this regard.

Thank you

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS