Subject: Targets in Jira.

Hi,

since we now have a confusing large number of targets in JIRA, it starts
to get difficult which of the many targets is appropriate for the
"affects version" and "fix for" fields.

I did some research, and found that JIRA allows to mark targets as
"released", and that JIRA differs between "unreleased" and "released"
versions.

In the drop down listbox for the "affects version" field, the released
versions are listed first, and under a heading "released versions". In
the "fix for" field, the unreleased versions are listed first, and under
a "unreleased versions" heading. Which means that by simply marking  all
targets that correspond to released versions as released, we provide a
reasonable guidance which are the permitted values of these two fields.

Since marking a target as released is not changing the issues and since
that operation can be reverted, I've marked all targets as released
which we have already released. I further marked the "ODF 1.2 Part 1
CD05", "ODF 1.2 Part 2 CD03" and "ODF 1.2 Part 3 CD02" targets as
released. We actually did not released these versions, but instead an
"ODF 1.2 CD05". The right action therefore would be to merge these
targets woth the "ODF 1.2 CD05" target. However, this would change the
issues itself, and we have issues that use this target as "Fix for" or
"affects version" field. We therefore should clean-up these issues
before merging the targets. By marking these targets as "released" we
however achieve that they are not listed as "unreleased".

Michael Brauer | Oracle Office Development
Phone: +49 40 23646 500
Oracle Office GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande