Subject: RE: [office] Please pardon the JIRA updates

I for one found it very handy that Public Comment and NEEDS-DISCUSSION show
up in the titles of issues, especially among the torrent of JIRA issue
notices that end up in my mail folders.

Considering that it takes the same permissions to fiddle with the component
as it does to fiddle with the title, I am not sure what we have accomplished
other than making these two cases less visible and no longer having a
separate spot (presumably) in the various dashboards.

The deed is done and I will stop grousing.  But, having heard no complaints
about how we were doing this, what was broken that was important to fix by
this unilateral and somewhat irreversible move?

I'm not sure bundling the TC-generated issues made during the Public Review
period is that helpful - are you certain that there needs to be a
disposition report on those?  [That's the only thing I see that is new by
using that new component and setting it with a batch modification.]

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:46
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office] Please pardon the JIRA updates

I've made some (hopefully) simplifying changes.

I created two new JIRA components "public review" and "needs discussion".
These should be the preferred way of indicating:

1) Which comments (public or member) were received during the most recent
public review period.  I assigned this component for the 396 comments
received in the July 8th-Sept 6th review.  Using a component as a tag like
this will simplify some tasks, such as producing the disposition report.
Once the disposition report is published we can remove the component
assigment from these issues.

2) The Needs Discussion component marks the issues that a member wants to
bring up on a meeting.  I applied this component to all issues that had
"NEEDS-DISCUSSION" in the title.

Regards,