Subject: RE: [office] RE: XAdES support in ODF

Hi David,

I totally agree, and like mentioned before, every *file* (including the 0-length current.xml) has been signed
in the example :-)
If there's another *file* that should have been signed (but isn't), can you please give an example ? That's
probably something we've missed and then we'll correct it in our application. Thanks.

So that leaves us with zip entries like "Configurations/menubar/", if they are to be signed, then it should
IMHO be reflected in the spec (I wouldn't call this "a file", and the spec only says "shall contain a
<ds:Reference> element for each *file*" - 1.2cd05 part 1, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting "file" in this
context)

Regarding files not affecting content or appearance, I think it's not possible to be sure that a file does not
ever change content or appearance (might be implementation-specific), and signing applications may not
even have the slightest idea how ODF could be rendered (like our eID component: it parses some XML
and adds signatures, that's it)

Best regards,

Bart

From: David LeBlanc [dleblanc@exchange.microsoft.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:29 PM
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; Hanssens Bart; office@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Cornelis Frank

Right, but the current spec (which I did not change) says that everything should be signed. This would include 0-length files because if they got something in them, this would be a change.

If there are files that do not affect content or appearance, then we may not sign these, and should document them as such.

Sent from my phone, but I might be verbose - I have a keyboard...