Subject: Re: [office] Voting rights for Committee Specification ballot

On 02.03.2011 16:23, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
OF3D712715.72313934-ON85257847.004FF549-85257847.00542AF7@lotus.com" type="cite">
So we're all on the same page for the Committee Specification ballot
coming up, let me review how voting rights are gained or lost.

[...]
OF3D712715.72313934-ON85257847.004FF549-85257847.00542AF7@lotus.com" type="cite">
Of course, I encourage everyone to attend every meeting.
In addition to what Rob said, I would also like to note that a CS ballot is a special majority vote (see definition below), where the total number of voting members is taken as basis, and where abstentions do not count. I therefore  encourage  also everyone who as voting rights to participate in the vote when it has been set up.
Except from http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#definitions:

"Special Majority vote" is a TC vote in which at least 2/3 (two thirds) of the Voting Members vote " yes" and no more than 1/4 (one fourth) of the Voting Members vote "no". These numbers are based on the total number of Voting Members. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a TC in which there are 30 Voting Members, at least 20 Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass; but if 8 or more vote "no" then the motion fails. All Special Majority Votes must be conducted via electronic ballot by the OASIS TC Administrator.
OF3D712715.72313934-ON85257847.004FF549-85257847.00542AF7@lotus.com" type="cite">

Regards,