OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-03-21

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-03-21

* Begin 9:37 EDT

* Rollcall

+Andreas Guelzow
+David Wheeler
+Dennis Hamilton
+Donald Harbison
Eike Rathke
+Eric Patterson
+Jos van den Oever
+Michael Brauer
+Ming Fei Jia
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
+Patrick Durusau
+Robert Weir (Presiding) 
+Robin LaFontaine
+Steven Pemberton
+Suresh Chande
*Svante Schubert
+Thorsten Behrens
+Thorsten Zachmann
+Tristan Mitchell

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent 
Non-Voting members with an *

17/19 voting members present =89%, so quorum requirements are met.

Membership Notes: None

* Agenda  was approved by unanimous consent. 

* Minutes of March 7th were approved by unanimous consent.

* Discussion: ODF maintenance. 

- Rob note that our the corrigenda and amendment ballots were underway in 

- Dennis has the template for the ODF 1.1 Errata and will aim to have an 
initial WD before April 11th meeting

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

- Rob reported that the CS ballot for ODF 1.2 has ended and appears to 
have passed.  Official notice will come from OASIS, along with a link to a 
copy with revised cover sheet in the next few days.  Next steps are to 
collect our three "Statements of Use", which must reference the 2011-03-17 
approval date of the CS.   After that, we will require another Special 
Majority (2/3 approval) vote to move the CS to the next step of 

* Discussion: ODF-Next

-  Robin gave an update on the Advanced Document Collaboration SC. 
Microsoft has submitted a change tracking proposal, approx. 20 pages, 
which extends the approach used in ODF 1.2.  Members are reviewing. 
Meetings will be scheduled for April to review and see if consensus can be 
formed.  Otherwise SC will report back to the TC, after which the TC may 
resolve with a vote.

- Jos asked whether ODF 1.3 might attempt using more formal notation for 
expressing constraints, beyond existing RNG schema.  This lead to 
discussion of possibilities with Schematron, NVDL, etc.

-Steven asked about possibly simplifying ODF.  This lead to discussion of 
possible approachs, including modularization, the relationship of ODF 
style inheritance versus CSS and related topics.

- Rob noted that members should continue to enter proposals into JIRA for 
consideration in ODF 1.3.  If there is sufficient interest in an area we 
can create additional subcommittees. 

* Adjourned at 10:28 EDT

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]