Subject: ODF 1.2: Next Steps

The 60-day public review for the ODF 1.2 Candidate OASIS Standard which
started on June 23 [1] ends today.  I have copied all public comments
received during the review period to-date into JIRA.

The next steps for the TC are described in TC Process 3.4.1:

"The TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments
received, and post to its primary e-mail list the disposition of each
comment at the end of the review period." [2]

In the past we've done this by indicating the resolutions in JIRA and then
exporting this information from JIRA into a spreadsheet. This "disposition
of comments report" is then checked into our doc repository and a link to
it sent to the TC emailing list as well as the public comment list.   That
satisfies our requirement to track and respond to each comment.

Barring any additional comments that arrive today, the last day of the
review, the comments we need to report on are OFFICE-3702 through
OFFICE-3716.

As you've probably seen by now, I've taken a pass over these comments, the
ones we discussed in today's TC call, as well as the others, and proposed
resolutions for them.  In most cases the resolution was already implicit
in the existing  comments, e.g., an enhancement for ODF 1.3 or an Errata
item for ODF 1.2.

However, there are two issues for which I see no comments and no
resolution:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3710
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3711

These are both from Thorsten Zachmann and are both related to
draw:enhanced-path.  Could someone with expertise in graphics respond to
these comments?

Also, please review the resolutions I've entered in OFFICE-3702 through
OFFICE-3716.  If there is any disagreement, now is the time to raise it.

Regards,

-Rob

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201106/msg00061.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard