Subject: Re: [office] Feedback on ODF 1.2 documents - broken default value extraction from part 1

Patrick,

On 27.02.2012 14:49, Patrick Durusau wrote:
Svante,

Sorry for the delay in answering but I think your post raises as many questions as issues. ;-)

On 01/09/2012 08:41 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:
As mentioned on previous ODF TC calls, the extraction of default values
does not work.
I assume this is a schema processing issue? Applications are required to write out the default values as part of the XML serialization.
Seems I did not frame the problem precisely.
The scenario: It is possible to extract the default values from the ODF 1.2 specification into an XML file with XSLT. The extraction is useful as sometimes applications just quickly need a list of the default values, which are all over the document.
The extraction is possible as the spec uses a certain pattern to annotate these default values.
For instance, the default values had been marked/tagged with certain styles to be recognizable for the XSLT script. In the following I wanted to explain that sometimes these styles are missing, so the XSLT script to extract the values does not work properly.
This XSLT style sheet should be already somewhere in the ODF Toolkit Apache Incubator project. Perhaps I can create you there a test environment for the future.

But as it was not working in our previous draft, it is not a stopper,
just wanted to provide the information for the editor and FYI:

1) @form:echo-char is missing the Char Style for value "*"
s.h. "The default value for this attribute is "*" (U+002A, ASTERISK)."
compare form:enctype beyond

I am not sure what you mean by missing "Char Style?" It specifies content.

Do you mean we don't have a char style for this content?

form:enctype is an encoding declaration, not sure of its relevance.
You got two easy options to see the error:
1) open the XML of the spec
2) Or open the spec with an ODF application.
I suggest you open the specification with the Open|LibreOffice.
You search for
    he default value for this attribute is "*"
You press F11 to open the "Styles and Formatting" window usually on the right corner and choose in the frame of the dialog the character styles (letter a), by default only the paragraph styles are shown.
If you than move your cursor on the * you just found, you will see a default style is set.
If you than move your cursor on the  application/x-www-form-urlencoded of the following attribute, you will notice the character style "Attribute Value Instance" has been set.

The * was not set correctly, so it is not being correctly tagged as a default value to be extracted by my XSLT script -

Similar problem for
2) @smil:fadeColor Char Style is missing for value "#000000"

Err, this is a color, not a char, so how does it get char style?
Sorry for the confusion, I meant a style being of style:family="char"

3) @style:leader-text Char Style is missing for value " " (Space)

No, styles are not applied to leader lines. -> style:leader-text-style
Same as above.

PS: Do we really need all 4  "Attribute Value" Character Style? If yes,
what does the subgroup "Param" mean?