Subject: Re: [office] Question for the TC about resolving the OpenDocument v1.2 namespace URIs

Hi Michael,

This topic was on the agenda for our TC call yesterday.  I'm sorry you were not able to participate.   In the call we agreed that content negotiation was the preferred approach, but if that was not possible on the OASIS servers currently, that the preferred alternative was the human-readable namespace resolution page.   None of the meeting participants were able to point to a case where an application relied on resolving the URI to an ontology document.   One observation was that if such an application did exist we would have heard about it by now since the URI has failed to resolve to anything for a couple of years now.

I'm happy to add this topic to the agenda for our next TC call if you feel strongly about resolving to the OWL file and want the TC to reconsider.

Regards,

-Rob

http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#

http://www.de.redhat.com/ Sitz: Grasbrunn,