Subject: Re: [office] Call for Nominations for Co-Chair ODF TC

Rob,

Thanks!

Whether Oliver will thank you remains to be seen. ;-)

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

On 05/23/2014 09:21 AM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> <office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 05/22/2014 08:20:28 PM:
>
>> From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> To:
>> "office@lists.oasis-open.org" <office@lists.oasis-open.org> Date:
>> 05/22/2014 08:16 PM Subject: [office] Call for Nominations for
>> Co-Chair ODF TC Sent by: <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
>>
> Greeting!
>
> I trust you have seen the sad news that Rob Weir is resigning as
> co-chair of the ODF TC and the happy news that he will be remaining
> a member of the TC.
>
> In view of Rob's resignation, I am issuing this call for
> nominations for the position of Co-Chair of the ODF TC.
>
> Nominations will be open from today, May 22 and will close at 12:00
> PM GMT on May 29, 2014.
>

>> Hello Patrick,
>
>> I'd like to nominate Oliver-Rainer Wittmann as ODF TC Co-Chair.
>
>> Oliver has been an member of the TC since 2006, first as an
>> employee of Sun, then Oracle and now IBM.  He is active in the TC
>> as well as the Change Tracking Subcommittee.  His commitment to
>> the ODF ecosystem is shown as well in his regular attendance at
>> ODF Plugfests [1].   And, of course, he is also a long-time
>> implementer of ODF.   I think he would be an excellent TC
>> Co-Chair.
>
>> [1]
>> http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:200906_thehague:participants:oliver-rainer_wittmann
>

>> Regards,
>
>> -Rob
>

> Looking forward to working with a new Co-chair for the TC and Rob
> as a continuing member of the TC.
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick

>> generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS
>> at:

- --

Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Co-Chair, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC, Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, ISO 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau