Subject: Notes from 6 July 2020

Greetings!

The notes from the ODF TC meeting are below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

****************************

anonymous morphed into Andreas Guelzow
Patrick: quorum
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 29 June 2020
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202006/msg00063.html

4. FYI, component Interop_OOXML added to ODF JIRA component list.

5. Other changes before approval of a working draft as committee
specification draft?

ÂÂÂ If not, Working draft for approval as committee specification draft
- (only change is to the manifest schema)
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/67377/OpenDocument-v1.3-csprd02.zip

6. (new) Be more precise about the values 'text', 'char' and 'line' in
style:vertical-rel https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4076

7. (new) Not clear, to which elements attributes vertical-rel and
vertical-pos can be applied https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4077

8. (new) The technical term "baseline" is not defined.
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4078

9. Other business?

10. Adjournment.

Svante Schubert: I have just created 4 issues from my emails last week
to the ODF TC list:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4080 - Improved usability
for ODF users by RNG artefacts in HTML
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4081 - Improved usability
for ODF users by providing the default values as XML
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4082 - Editing processes of
our ODF TC deliverables
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4083 - ODF deliverable DIFF
as PDF should be omitted
Svante Schubert: and there is this
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4079 - ODF 1.3 CS02
Specification Editorial Fixes
Patrick: Add under 5 -Â https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4079
; https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4080
Patrick: Put all under 5 -
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4080 - Improved usability
for ODF users by RNG artefacts in HTML
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4081 - Improved usability
for ODF users by providing the default values as XML
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4082 - Editing processes of
our ODF TC deliverables
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4083 - ODF deliverable DIFF
as PDF should be omitted
Patrick: Agenda approved by consensus
Patrick: Minutes - of 29 June 2020 - approved by consent
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4079
Patrick: Regina - manifest schema - correct QName - date of file is
incorrect - August - 2019 - Michael says we can change to be the date
after approval by public review
Patrick: Regina - we are now in 2020 and what is about copyright dates -
should be updated -
Patrick: Regina - dates are when the vote is finished
Patrick: Michael - who changes the dates?
Svante Schubert: MichaeL: We might want to ask OASIS if we exchange
copyright already and the future date or they will do it?
Svante Schubert: We might want to use some variables like <ACTUAL_YEAR>
and <DELIVERABLE_DATE> instead of the obviouly wrong dates.
Svante Schubert: ^^Same problem with specifciation copyright date
Patrick: Patrick -> ask OASIS about copyright dates and use variables -
who changes - documents - and schema
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4079
Svante Schubert: Francis update partly
Svante Schubert: and create a new one for ODF 1.4
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4080 -
Improved usability for ODF users by RNG artefacts in HTML
Svante Schubert:
https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.3/cs02/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs02-schema-rng.html
Svante Schubert:
https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.3/cs02/OpenDocument-v1.3-cs02-schema-rng.html#7083-7085
Svante Schubert: AFAIK the ODT specification is normative and PDF and
HTML is innormative
Svante Schubert: Are the HTML files within
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/
Svante Schubert: similar informative?
Svante Schubert: Patrick: Those HTML versions are prepared by OASIS and
are not normative.
Svante Schubert: I am fine that thoe HTML files are similar "prepared by
OASIS" and are not normative.
Svante Schubert: I would suggest to move all JavaScript of all
informative deliverable to our ODF-TC github
Svante Schubert: As long it is in :
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/
Svante Schubert: Patrick: Only way for a document to go on
docs.oasis-open-org, if voted and undergoing public review
Patrick: Wants additional artifacts to be reviewed by the TC, undergo
public review, even though not normative versus the rng
Patrick: so it can go on docs.oasis.org
Svante Schubert: NEXT:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4081 - Improved usability
for ODF users by providing the default values as XML
Patrick: Office-4081 - make another artifact for ODF 1.3
Patrick: Svante - need to enable default value again -
Patrick: Francis - is this a nice to have?
Patrick: Francis - can we embed in the odt file consistently?
Patrick: Francis - what is the urgency for ODF 1.3?
Svante Schubert: No urge, I just like to have the highest usablity for
the ODF users, but I would not insist on it.
Patrick: Regina - what is required to mark all the default values
correctly? Francis says almost done. But not certain - see email on
Office-4079
Svante Schubert: I am aware of the data duplication, but we have similar
data duplications for HTML version of ODF specification and (likely) ODF
RNG grammar for usage purpose with the notification that the original
version is superceding.
Svante Schubert: NEXT:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4082 - Editing processes of
our ODF TC deliverables
Svante Schubert: Patrick: we tried this with Jos
Svante Schubert: Yes, I have seen this in SVN, I would like to try it
again. We would add one fix after the other in the same file. We would
have only one file!
Patrick: Svante - wants the latest draft in github - with prettyprinting
turned on -
Patrick: Francis - unzipped with change tracking on? Svante - turn
change tracking off for editorial issues
Svante Schubert: In general, no change-tracking for editorial fixes
Svante Schubert: both ODT and unzipped (pretty printed by LO)
Svante Schubert: Michael: Pretty printing applies to content and styles xml
Michael Stahl: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4083
Svante Schubert: NEXT:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4083 - ODF deliverable DIFF
as PDF should be omitted
Patrick: Francis - happy with TC majority,
Patrick: Patrick - happy with TC majority,
Patrick: Andreas - happy with TC majority,
Patrick: Alfred - happy with TC majority,
Patrick: Regina - should do changes - without Office-4079, default
values, html for rng 80 and 81 and 79
Patrick: Office-4079 -> Office-4083
Patrick: Regina - everything except editing process
Patrick: Rich -
Patrick: Svante - agrees with Regina -
Patrick: Michael - agrees with Regina - provided we can get a new draft
by next meeting -
Michael Stahl: against 4082 now - 4079 4080 4081 4083 are ok provided we
can get them fixed quickly, by next meeting
Patrick: Frances - hope to be fixed but need Svante to say the extracted
values are correct
Patrick: Svante - says he can verify the extraction
Patrick: -> Francis and Patrick - new draft by next meeting with
editorial issues fixed.

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net