Subject: Re: [office] Problems with Appendix in ODF 1.3

Francis Cave schrieb am 26-Aug-20 um 18:36:
Hi Regina

I thought that the number suffix on a style name indicates the outline level, not the numbering style.

For example, 'Heading1' is Level 1, 'Heading2' is Level 2 and so on. In LO these are built-in and cannot be changed, even if for a particular project one was to choose an alphabetical numbering style for, say, 'Heading1'.

So, changing the style name 'Appendix1' to 'AppendixA' strikes me as stylistically inconsistent, since 'A' indicates the numbering style, not the outline level.

But I agree that the outline level and numbering style should both be set correctly for each of the appendix heading styles, and these are not correct in Part 3 currently.

I'm currently changing that is part 3. So if you want to have "Appendix Heading 1" for level 1, "Appendix Heading 2" for level 2 and "Appendix Heading 3" for level 3, that is no problem.
I would then make it consistent over all four parts.

Currently I have "Appendix A", "Appendix A.1" and "Appendix A.1.1".

Please tell me what you want. I have promised Svante to finish changes today.

Kind regards
Regina