we used to have an ODF interoperability TC that was separate from the ODF TC. Perhaps the topic of advancing interoperability should be included in the charter of the ODF TC.
Patrick and all
The words âin the second phaseâ I think should be replaced by âon further development of the formatâ, since the concept of two phases has been removed in the draft.
That section could possibly be better expressed as follows:
The work of this TC on further development of the format will be guided by the following overall aims:
1. to support and encourage implementers and end-users in the identification of new areas of application of the format,
2. to support and encourage implementers in exploring new or experimental ideas for office document representation,
3. to support and encourage TC members and implementers in submitting proposals for extending the expressiveness of the format.
Iâm struggling to find appropriate words, but Iâd also like to add something about the need to judge proposals for further development of the format in terms of there being a consensus of the TC:
- that the use case is clear,
- that the proposed technical solution is feasible and sufficiently stable/mature to justify inclusion in the standard.
This is a hastily edited rough cut at revision of the ODF charter. I'm not personally committed to any of it so feel free to cut/paste/etc.
I would like to take this up on March 24th so we will need to have discussion on the email list in order to get that done.
Appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!
-- Patrick Durusau