Subject: Notes from 7 June 2021 ODF Teleconference

Greetings!

Notes from the ODF TC Teleconference on 7 June 2021 follow.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*******************

Patrick: quorum - yes
Patrick: agenda approved consent
Patrick: minutes - approved by consent
Patrick: Schedule interoperability - discussion for later this summer
Patrick: Rich - what is the scope of the question of interoperability questions?
Patrick: Svante - unknown - still to be explored
Svante Schubert: The email in regard of CERN: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202106/msg00002.html
Patrick: discussion of prior plugfests
Patrick: If they want to round-trip their files, degradation - need to be clear about the expectation from this group
Svante Schubert: Not for ODF but for HTML/CSS there is https://caniuse.com/
Patrick: Svante - asks members of the TC for suggested activities on interoperability of ODF
Svante Schubert: I likely bring this to agend in 2 to 3 weeks
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4107
Patrick: Andreas - Problem with mixing styles with content - but users want this capability
Patrick: Andreas - what color are we talking about?
Patrick: Michael says it is the color that is to be displayed
Patrick: Andreas is it any one color? it has three colors
Patrick: Andreas - cells have three colors
Patrick: Andreas - cell can have background color and text can have separate background
Patrick: Andreas - can have a space that is red?
Patrick: Michael - what about deletions - does that insert a color - there is also hiding text what about the hidden text's color
Patrick: Michael - on basis of equality for the moment -
Patrick: Andreas - operations on strings
Michael Stahl: need to specify which operators work for colors and which don't
Patrick: Regina - filter for content vs. filter for color in OOXML - different filters?
Patrick: Regina - better to combine or have it totally different
Patrick: Andreas - may want to filter columns on different criteria, by color, be content, by ...
Patrick: Andreas - so combination is unlikely
Patrick: Regina - we can make a list of all these questions and see what needs to be cleared
Patrick: Michael - agrees - put chat log in the issue as a comment.
Patrick: Regina - Excel has filter for content and filter for color - colorFilter - filter
Patrick: defer - put chat log in issue - Michael - can create list of questions - good if we could get answers for Excel -
Patrick: Andreas - proposal may be more general -
Patrick: Alfred - filters by cell color or font color
Michael Stahl: should it apply only to "autofilters" or also to "data pilots"/"pivot tables"
Patrick: Good question
Patrick: Regina - need a numbered list in the issue - Michael to prepare in the issue.
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3667
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3667
Patrick: Regina - not documented in the issue but the change was made
Patrick: Bookkeeping -
Patrick: Resolved/closed
Patrick: ODF 1.4? My search in JIRA shows 34 issues to be applied to the final text of ODF 1.3, to produce ODF 1.4. OASIS should be posting the final text this coming week (thanks to Svante).
Svante Schubert: ^^and thanks to Michael reviewing my changes on GitHub and saving us from serveral issues I made..
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22
Patrick: affects 1.4 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20affectedVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22
Patrick: fix in ODF 1.4 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22
Patrick: 4 affects 1.4 ; 33 fix in ODF 1.4 ; 34 resolved for 1.4 ;
Michael Stahl: BTW questions now added on https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4107
Svante Schubert: PS: The editors should reuse most of the meta.xml and styles.xml for all our ODT deliverables

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau