Subject: Notes of the ODF TC Call on March 7, 2022

Greetings!

The notes from the ODF TC conference call, March 7, 2022, follow below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a safe and great week!

Patrick

PS: Quite serious about being safe.

Reports of the end of the COVID pandemic are premature and ill-advised.

************

*Patrick:*  Qourum - yes

*Patrick:*  agenda approved by consent

*Patrick:*  minutes of 28 February 2022 - approved by consent

*Patrick:*  4. PAS submission of ODF 1.3

*Patrick:*  Francis - follow up on formatting isn't clear - not specific requests by from Jamie

*Patrick:*  Question from OASIS - there is a PAS mentor - needs to be contacted -

*Patrick:*  OASIS needs to take the initiative

*Patrick:*  5. Update on mime type change - no response as of yet

*Patrick:*  Marata-san - changes to mime types have been very slow

*Patrick:*  Francis - will ask Marata-san if he has advice on how to deal with the matter

*Patrick:*  6. EASTERSUNDAY

*Patrick:*  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2164

*Regina Henschel:*  https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorianischer_Kalender#%C3%9Cbernahme_des_gregorianischen_Kalenders

*Patrick:*  Regina - note that Easter Sunday depends on the locale

*Patrick:*  Andreas - does not depend on locale

*Patrick:*  date depends on use of Gregorian calendar

*Patrick:*  Regina: Note: The use of the Gregorian calendar was introduced at different times.

*Patrick:*  Returns the date of Easter Sunday in the year passed as Year. - Returns the date of Easter Sunday in the Gregorian calendar in the year passed as Year.

*Andreas:*  Change description to: Returns the date of Easter Sunday in the Gregorian Calendar in the year passed as Year if given, otherwise returns the date of the next Easter Sunday on or after TODAY().

*Patrick:*  Alfred passed as Year -> passed in as Year

*Patrick:*  Francis - written in code - what best way to express it in the standard

*Patrick:*  Francis - editor will need help writing the expression

*Patrick:*  Andreas will make changes for next week

*Patrick:*  Regina - has tested this for all years

*Patrick:*  Represent 3D shapes from OOXML in ODF? -https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202202/msg00014.html

*Regina Henschel:*  draw:engine (19.146) and draw:data (19.131)

*Patrick:*  # of additional attributes? Michael

*Patrick:*  Can we say see OOXML for rendering?

*Patrick:*  Francis - if a number of properties need to be specified , will be a long string,

*Patrick:*  Andreas - ultimate in non-interoperability -

*Patrick:*  Francis - agrees with Andreas - let's try some text for option A and see what we think

*Patrick:*  Regina - OOXML doesn't have all the information to implement it

*Patrick:*  Only have illustrations to show the rendering

*Patrick:*  Francis, if we can specify and it looks like the images in OOXML, that might be good enough

*Andreas:*  I will need to leave, see you next time.

*Patrick:*  Regina - next steps - specify 90 presets types 200 pictures

*Patrick:*  Francis - we could specify how they should be specified and send it to the OOXML committee -

*Patrick:*  Regina - will make a document for the attributes that are missing -

*Patrick:*  adjourned

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net