oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] new action item

Managed not to copy this to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 09:13
To: 'Louis.Suarez-Potts@Sun.COM'

Great proposal.  I added this to the action-item list (#0014), linking to
your note on the TC list:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php
[member logon required]

I want to clarify one thing.  The CC-By license has no restrictions on
making of derivatives, commercial use, or licensing of derivatives.  It only
requires that attribution be provided in a form specified by the contributor
(although most contributors don't say what they require).
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

I still think it is the right choice.  If we see there are problems we might
consider something more restrictive.  Starting out, I wouldn't solve a
problem we may not have.

Also, since this will be on the OIC TC site under OASIS terms, the material
will also be public.  I think CC-By is appropriate for that setting also.

 - Dennis

PS: I was thinking specifically of presentation materials as people make and
develop them as part of participation in future events.  So that includes
slides and such as well.  I suppose .odp files would be fine, although I
expect that presenters will be taxing the convertibility between that and
other well-known presentation formats.  It might be useful to provide PDF
for the materials as well, so there is some clue what the original creator
thought it was supposed to look like.  People could then decide if they
wanted to deal with the editable format and conversion to the format they
want to use after seeing what the content is.  More fun with interop!

PPS: I really do want to learn to pronounce your name so it is at least
understandable to your ear.