oic message

Subject: deliverable "state of interoperability"

Dear members,

Per charter, we should create a "state of the interoperability" report
by the first of March.

My first idea was to use the whitepaper template, but as Mary pointed me
out, a "specification" is currently the only sanctioned format (with
another category "informational documents" on its way) so the
specification template is preferred.

If no-one volunteers, I'm willing to write a first working draft with
- some of my own observations
- references to related efforts
- a few simple scenarios for creating a few test documents to highlight
some issues (for example: the infamous table in table construction)

(say, by the end of the month)

Of course, every TC member is encouraged to contribute to this report
and add or rewrite sections

With those scenarios, I would like a few volunteers (vendors /
developers, this could be you ;-) to
- create test documents in various implementations
- contribute them to the OIC TC
- see what happens when opening/editing these docs in another
implementation

(say, by mid-Februari)

Then, we can finalize the report and organize a vote to make it a
"committee draft"

While we won't be mentioning product names in the report, it's
inevitable that we'll have some discussion along the lines of "X does
foo, Y does bar" on the list.

So, How does that sound ?

Best regards,

Bart

PS: this does not mean you shouldn't be working on the analysis of the
ODF package (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/SpecAnalysis), it's
additional homework ;-)