oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] opinion on virtual interop event (or not) ?

I'm not a product implementer, even though I see an opportunity to build
some test harnesses and automated tests of various kinds.  So this is a
theoretician's response.

First, I won't participate in any event where I have to pay a fee for the
privilege.

Secondly, I think the 24-hours around the globe is mainly a stunt, even
though I was attracted to the idea as a way to energize participation.  I'm
having trouble getting to the next level of detail.

I also think that having implementers available to fix bugs on the spot is
just strange (as opposed to confirming a bug and perhaps confirming that it
is known how to fix it).  I have trouble envisioning someone rebuilding OO.o
on the spot just to show that there's a fix.  This has me think that I don't
have a good picture of who is running tests and producing test results and
who is seeing those test results for the first time.

Having difficulty envisioning exactly what the workflow and scenarios might
be, I think it will be great to follow Rob's suggestion of waiting until we
have half of a test series in place and develop an understanding of what we
can do with them in an interop event that is anything but ceremonial (i.e, a
demo of the sort that the OASIS procedure addresses).

Sorry, I am just having trouble envisioning this, as much as it seemed like
a great idea at first blush.

 - Dennis