oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] assertion test, first attempt

"Hanssens Bart" <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote on 04/12/2009 02:28:06 PM:

> My first test assertion attempt can be found here:
>
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oic/
> TestSuite/branches/barth/assertions/html/metadata-dc-creator.html
>

> As always, feedback is mostly appreciated
>
> (I've used the TAG xml schema, which is still in flux, and written a
> small XSLT script
> to create the HTML page)

What I don't see here, which I expected to see, are values for:

1) "normative source", i.e, the authority for this assertion
2) "prescription level", e.g., mandatory, preferred, etc.

These are discussed the TAG specification.  Are they not in the draft TA
schema?  I think that we really need those as part of the test assertion.

I like your predicates.  They are short and succinct.  If we wanted to we
could be more verbose.  But is it worth it?  For example, you have
currently:

ID: odf11-metadata-dc-creator-write
Prerequisite: A new document has been created and saved by a single
person.
Predicate: The dc:creator element contains the name of the person who
created the document.

A more detailed predicate might be:

Predicate: The saved document package contains a meta.xml file containing
exactly one dc:creator element which contains the name of the person who
created the document.

Or maybe we simply have a different TA to handle the structure of the ZIP
file, and another  TA to handle schema validation?  In that case we only
need to hand-craft TA's for constraints that are not already expressed by
the schema.  That is probably simpler.

> If this is more or less what is to be expected for an assertion,
> then I'll have to
>
> a) rework my test cases a little bit, so that they point to the test
> assertion files,
> instead of directly referring to the ODF spec (in other words:
> improving things by
> deleting stuff, my favorite game ;-))
>
> b) come up with the other test assertions (shouldn't be that hard
> when the first is
> done, mostly repetitive work)

I think the main thing is to add support for Normative Source and
Prescription Level.

Regards,

-Rob