oic message

Subject: June interop event in The Hague, invitations

Hi,

I've got an email from NLNet about the interop event in The Hague (NL)
in June, stating that:

"invitations are to be sent out later this week on behalf of our
minister
of Foreign Economic Affairs mr. Frank Heemskerk to 34 different ODF
implementors, a number of governments and to the members of the three
OASIS committees. The event will take place in the Royal Library, in The
Hague (NL) on June 15/16 2009."

And the agenda:

** Day I

9.30 Opening by Ineke Schop, Netherlands in Open Connection
~     "ODF within the government: a clear business case"
9.45 Introduction by Bert Bakker, chairman of OpenDoc Society
~     "ODF Maturity in a multi-vendor paradigm"
10.00 Sander Marchechal, lead developer Officeshots.org
~      "Setting the stage for interoperability testing"
~      Officeshots.org offers a rendering farm for ODF applications
10.15 J. David Ibaqez
~      "ODF test documents: experiences from ODF2XLIFF"
10.30 Bart Hanssens
~      "Interoperability and Conformance testing within OASIS OIC"

10.45 Break

11.00 - 12.00 Debate: How do we converge on handling historical
~              application formats
~              Consistent mapping of historical file formats on ODF
~              Led by Patrick Durusau

12.00 - 13.30 Lunch

13.30 - 17.00 Start of parallel sessions in tracks:

~              - Text documents
~              - Spread sheets
~              - Presentations

N.B. Each of the tracks will deal with topics specific to those
application areas such as:

~              - Character and paragraph styling
~              - Lists
~              - Footnotes, end-notes and annotations
~              - Field data
~              - Tables
~              - Graphics and embedded objects
~              - Handling Embedded Scripting
~              - Pagination
~              - Maintaining foreign elements in documents
~              - ODF <> HTML

18.30-20.30 Workshop dinner, offered by the Dutch government.

** Day II:

9.30 Marino Marcich:
~      "The challenge of seamless interoperability"
9.45 Opening by Rob Weir.
~      "From ODF pre-1.2 to ODF 1.2"
10.10 Oliver Wittmann
~     "ODF Next"
10.35 Break
10.45 Francis Cave (to be confirmed)
~       "Maintenance of ODF within ISO"
11.45-12.00 Continued parallel sessions

12.00 Lunch

13.30-16.00 Continued parallel sessions

16.00 Wrapup panel
~      "How do we cooperate on the future of interop?"
~       From interop workshops to perpetual plugfests

17.00 Closing reception

Best regards,

Bart