oic message

Subject: RE: When a test-assertion is approved ...

Title: RE: When a test-assertion is approved ...

Hi Dennis,

>.. that we need to have additional elements in our test-assertion document
> to reflect the status of the test assertion and link to its authoritative
> source when it has an approved status.

Mm, can be done as a new element...

An svn:property won't work well, since the SVN manual itself says it's quite
easy to set properties, but suboptimal to search for files with a given
property value.

Other option: impose the rule that only approved assertions are allowed in
head, and all experimenting / pre-approval work must be done in branches.

Once the work is done, the branch could be merged on the head/trunk and the
working branch can be optionally removed, so the current repository view
doesn't get clobbered up (you'll always able to retrieve the branch from
SVN if one really wants to)

> We also need to decide how we will copy approved items into tags or branches
> in the SVN so that they remain available in the head, can always be found,
> and so any further work, including revision, continues in a different branch
> or trunk.

Typically, that's where tags are for. When the OIC is happy with the amount of
approved test assertions in head/trunk, we simply tag the current state for
further reference.

So in, say, July, we could tag a version called "testset_200907". Then add more
test assertions, revise the approved ones etc and release a "testset_200912"

Running a small script, the assertions, test cases etc can be zipped and added
to the OASIS document repository.

One can always use the tags to retrieve the previous approved version(s),
exactly as it was back then.

Best regards,

Bart