oic message

Add my comments for default values issues. Actually ODF TC have been aware this issue very early.
> 06/19/2009 01:10 AM

> [oic] discussions on plugfest mailinglist

> Hi,
>
> for those not on the The Hague plugfest mailing list, a short
> summary of what is currently
> being discussed:
>
> - writing out "default" values like page margins: should
> implementations be required to write
> them out (probably yes) and/or should the spec itself contain
> default values (probably not ?)

As I had stated in the plugfest, ODF TC already has a proposal for unifying the default values for different implementations. The proposal was proposed by IBM developer, later Michael Brauer did a lot of work to collect the values from several implementations. So Machael is the actual owner(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Add_default_values) of the proposal, you can look at the mail threads contained in the proposal to get the background. This is the latest draft document for collected default values (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/29364/default-styles-update1.ods). The red marked items are conflict values. You can continue to input the default values for your implementations. Currently the conflict values are about 50, not too many. But you know we can imagine the more the input, the more the conflict number, the more difficult to unify the default values. So, firstly ODF TC welcome other better solutions. Anyway, if we have no other better solutions to solve this, we have to continue this proposal in ODF next although it is not easy to achieve the goal.