oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Groups - ApplicationScenarioTesting-wd1.odt uploaded

Hi Rob,

> What is an Application Scenario?  This may be obvious, but I think we
> should explicitly say, something like "An Application Scenario is an ODF
> document containing the following required "parts", which describe ..."

OK, good point.

> Maybe even the the prescribed template for an application scenario is
> included as an annex?

It's a separate document at the moment, but of course I can add it as
an annex as well...

> Note that DITA XML is ideal for this, since DITA was designed to describe
> steps in technical documentation, which is essentially what we are doing
> here.  So we could easily design a DITA "topic" for an Application
> Scenario and then use the DITA Open Toolkit to generate HTML or PDF
> from the DITA.

Hmm, is there a DITA2ODF tool available ? Would be nice to have that .

> ID -- how does an author ensure uniqueness?  Should we namespace it
> somehow, like combine the submitters name, as in Weir.Robert.00001 ?

Mm, true, I'll add the namespace-approach.

> scenario checks -- this is interesting.  I suppose you could also refer to
> an anonymous "target" editor and define a check on how things appear
> when loading it there.  And how is this different than a test assertion?

Same thing actually, so perhaps I should use assertion

> We probably need a statement on any associated documents or files
> needed for the scenario, such as image files, TXT files to import, etc.
> How are these associated with the scenario?

Hmz, if we use ODF, one could add the text and images on a separate page.

Best regards,

Bart