oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] state-of-interop-cd-03 - AGREEMENT ON TC DOCUMENT FORMAT AND TOOLS

Let's simplify this approach and ignore the authoritative version question.
We author our working documents and drafts in ODF Text format.

How do we agree on ODF version and products in a way where we can
interoperate and review among ourselves?  How do we collaborate with some
fidelity in the work products we exchange and review?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:11
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [oic] state-of-interop-cd-03 - AGREEMENT ON TC DOCUMENT FORMAT
AND TOOLS

The version approved as CD04 was approved with the ODF version as
authoritative.

Of course, we are free to make a different choice if/when we make a post
public review revision.

And remember, just because there are known bugs in the ODF rendering does
not mean that there are not also bugs in the HTML or PDF exports.  I've
certainly seen my share of those.  I'll take an obvious but benign
rendering error over a subtle but pernicious one any day.

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 02/10/2010
01:19:07 PM:

> RE: [oic] state-of-interop-cd-03 - AGREEMENT ON TC DOCUMENT FORMAT AND
TOOLS

> This is a work-process issue.  We have no agreement on what version and
> specific tool we share in common in order to be able to produce and work
on
> (authoritative) documents of the OIC TC, and ones the TC Administrator
can
> manipulate in order to produce the OASIS Standard version (if she is the
one
> who needs to be able to do that).
>
> It is an interoperability issue for ourselves in our own work.

[ ... ]