oic message

Subject: RE: interop advisory, example

Hi Cherie,

> I knew it was about time for you to gently remind us you would like feedback so I was reading through
> this Wednesday. :-)

:-)

> First question: would all the issues from the unpublished "Interop Profile" be turned into advisories?

I'd certainly start with a few of the issues in the interop profile. Not sure if all of them can / should be
advisories, but IMHO it's a good starting point.

> Second questions: The acronym is probably obvious, but I'm tired tonight and drawing a blank -
> what is SVN?

As explained by Dennis, SVN (Subversion) is a version management system. Both command line and
GUI clients are available, by the way.

> On the proposed workflow:
> 3.2 Does "Contact ODF TC" mean log a JIRA issue on the ODF TC database?

That's probably the easiest way. Exactly who will log the issue may be up to debate (TC Chair ? ODF
TC liaison ? the Member originally reporting the issue if he/she is member of both ODF and OIC TC ?)

> 4.2 Would a vote during a call also be acceptable to publish an advisory? Or only an eballot?
> Would we need to wait for an eballot if we had a call happening within a few days of all JIRA issues
> being resolved?

Good point, I wouldn't mind having a vote during the call.

> 5.2 Is there a Technical Report template? That might be more appropriate for a collection of advisories
> than a specification template.

Yes and no... There is a Whitepaper template, but there is some discussion within OASIS on publishing
things that aren't Specifications (one suggestion was to create a Note, IIRC it was rejected, but back on
the table). That's why the Interop Report, for instance, is a "specification" with a conformance clause
stating there are no conformance clauses....

> On the example advisory:

> Do you also need to explicitly say that a Consumer that does not support track changes should not
> lose the element if the file is saved in that application?

That would be the ideal situation, but as Dennis pointed out a long time ago, it could be hard or even
impossible to save the XML-elements that aren't going to be mapped to an implementation's internal
representation of the document

(suggestions ?)

Bart