oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Advisories 0001 First Attempt

Dennis,

> 5. The business about not preserving what you don't understand is a policy
> question and I would be really surprised if any implementation does such a
> thing.

Hmm, this seems similar to whether or not to preserve foreign elements and
attributes

(ODF 1.1 - 1.5

"Conforming applications that read and write documents may preserve foreign
elements and attributes.

In addition to this, conforming applications should preserve meta information
and the content of styles.")

While the unsupported ODF-elements/attributes are covered by the schema,
they would be "foreign" to the implementation's internal representation of the
document...

Bart