oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Advisories 0001 First Attempt - Separating Change Tracking

> I think observations about not preserving unsupported change tracking
> applies to producers, not consumers.  The consumer presentation as if
> changes are accepted is a consequence of ignoring the change tracking
> and any markers.  If a new document is produced, it should definitely be
> without the change-tracking information.

OK, so nothing to be added in this advisory...

> In particular, a producer that does not support change tracking and that
> supports META-INF/documentsignatures.xml (in ODF 1.2) should never
> produce content that the producer's user can't see, (...)

Hmm, it depends on the context of the signature: is it a legal statement ?
In that case, there's probably a profile to be made :-) Many people would
go for the almost-PDF/A-route (no scripts, no hidden stuff...) although that
might not always be the desired option.

See also a very preliminary document:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=32052&wg_abbrev=oic

If the signature is "only" a verification mechanism (to be sure the document
and all the files in the packages are trustworthy), then scripts, database
connections, change tracking, hidden metadata etc are OK

Best regards

Bart