oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Version Control Commit by bart.hanssens - file names ofadvisories

Ok, thanks, I've added the link to the JIRA issue.

I've also moved the result files to a subdirectory and renamed the HTML file containing
the description and the directory itself (but used the name hiding_tracked_changes,
pointing to the end the result of the issue, rather than the cause in-line-text-extraction)

Best regards

Bart

From: Dennis E. Hamilton [dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 9:15 PM
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Hanssens Bart

I think adding a structured name is all right, but I would do it differently.

For me, I would rather see

00001-in-line-text-extraction.html

To give a clue to what this is about. And maybe, if not otherwise apparent, we should say

00001-ODF1.1-5.1-inline-text-extraction.html

To zero in on where the omission occurs and where an extraction procedure can capture inappropriate material.

In case I didn't mention it already, there is now an ODF TC JIRA Issue OFFICE-2706 on this issue:
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2706>.

You may find it interesting that current ODF 1.2 drafts eliminate the distinction of in-line text from other text altogether.

 - Dennis