oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2010-12-01 Meeting Minutes

OIC COORDINATION CALL
Date:  Wednesday 1 December 2010
Time:  14:30 - 15:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: <http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic>
 (doesn't count for attendance)

The call-in numbers: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200903/msg00017.html>
Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the call-in numbers:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201011/msg00009.html>

The action items (log-in required):
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php>

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
5 of 9 Voting members attended, satisfying the 5 of 9 requirement for a quorum.

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Don Harbison, IBM
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
    * Robert Weir, IBM
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)
    = Svante Schubert, Oracle Corporation

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (5)
       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual
      Peter Junge, Individual
    * Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
      Alan Clark, Novell
    = Michael Brauer, Oracle Corporation
    - Bernd Eilers, Oracle Corporation
      Daniel Rentz, Oracle Corporation
      Andrew Rist, Oracle Corporation
    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Oracle Corporation
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (3)
       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (1)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

1.2 ACCEPTANCE OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

Minutes for the 2010-11-17 Meeting, accepted without objection
 <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201011/msg00005.html>

1.3 ACCEPTANCE OF TODAY'S AGENDA: accepted without objection
 <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201011/msg00009.html>

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS

  #0015 Template Scenarios.  No progress.
  #0026 Test Scenarios.  No report
  #0033 Best Practices for Document Authors.  No progress
  #0034 Interop Demo Videos.  no report.  Bart needs to send DVDs from the plugfest to Louis
  #0041 Battery of ODF 1.2 Feature Probes. Continuing and can move forward as ODF 1.2 progresses

3. STATUS OF OTHER WORK ITEMS
3.1 Interop Advisories
    No changes.  Nothing new.
3.2 State of Interoperability Report
   Bart will create a request for Committee Specification ballot
   Bart did provide a report on the disposition of public comments, making it available as a document:
   <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40451>

3.3 Test Documents
   Nothing new.  This is work in progress.  No one had anything to add about any experiences with the document set from Microsoft.

4. 2011 PLANNING / DELIVERABLES
   Recap of accomplishments in 2010: Support of ODF Plugfests.  Taking findings and creating ODF Advisories to continue into 2011.
   The State of Interoperability Report 2.0 for 2011. Rob commented that it took us a year to put this together, conquer editorial and procedural issues, templates, etc.  The next time around should have more substantial content in the same period.  As soon as 1.0 appears as a Committee Specification, we should switch to the Committee Note template for 2.0.
   We discussed whether the State of Interoperability should identify some tests that demonstrate the difficulties and also allow others to verify our observations.    We could then track improvement with tests over time.
   We considered that there are limitations on what the TC can do and that we can provide are test cases, advisories, etc., but it is other people who can report on the results of applying the tests.
   Rob reminded us that the people who define the test cases should not be the people who run them and report results.
   In the charter, there is provision for reporting best practices and profiles and recommendations to the ODF TC, identifying interoperable subsets of ODF, etc.  Rob was thinking we should look at the WS-I profiling work as the sort of thing that was intended when the charter was developed.
   We might also be able to apply the Test Assertion Guidelines in our organization of test information, now that those specifications have achieved Committee Specification.

5. ROUND TABLE

There is an ODF Plugfest 2011 in the UK near the end of February.  Open Forum Europe will be the sponsor.  The location is in the Royal Burrough of WIndsor and Maidenhead, 30 miles outside of London:
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=windsor%20and%20maidenhead>

FOSDEM is on February 5-6.

6. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING

There are no further calls in December 2010.

The next call will be on January 12, 2011.

Respectfully submitted,

  Dennis E. Hamilton, OIC TC Secretary