oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2011-06-15 Meeting Minutes

OIC COORDINATION CALL
Date:  Wednesday 15 June 2011
Time:  13:30 - 14:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: <http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic>
(doesn't count for attendance)

The call-in numbers:
 <https://www.teleconference.att.com/servlet/glbAccess?process=1&accessCode=84367726&accessNumber=2158616239>

Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the commonly-used call-in
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201106/msg00007.html>
The action items (log-in required):
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php>

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
7 of 8 Voting Members were present and the 5 of 8 quorum requirement was satisfied.

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)
    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Individual
    * Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
    * Andrew Rist, Oracle Corporation

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (7)
       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (0)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT
      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
      Donald Harbison, IBM
    * Robert Weir, IBM
      Peter Junge, Individual
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
      Kazmer Koleszar, MultiRacio
      Alan Clark, Novell
    = Michael Brauer, Oracle Corporation
      Bernd Eilers, Oracle Corporation
      Daniel Rentz, Oracle Corporation
    = Svante Schubert, Oracle Corporation
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (1)
       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (2)]

1.2 PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
Minutes for the 2011-06-01 Meeting, approved without objection:
   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201106/msg00000.html >
1.3 TODAY'S AGENDA, approved without objection:
   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201106/msg00007.html >

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS
  #0015 Template Scenarios.  No progress.
  #0041 Battery of ODF 1.2 Assessment Documents.  No report.

3. DELIVERABLES

3.1 ODF 1.2 Test Documents
We talked about the Apache OpenOffice.org version proposed to become a reference implementation of ODF.
  < http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
  Members of the OIC have an opportunity to participate.
  Andreas is concerned about qualification of OpenOffice.org as it exists as a reference implementation because there seems to be no clarity around deviations, extensions, omissions, etc.
  The possibility of collecting test cases there and making them available throughout the eco-system led to wondering about what OIC is charged to do.  [Afterthought: Perhaps it is that we have test documents but not test definitions that are translated to a specific implementation, which a reference implementation may provide?]
  There is perhaps an opportunity for some harmony of Apache with what OIC puts together.  We are not pushing OO.o in any way.

3.2 Best Practices of Authors.
We did not discuss this in Rob's absence.

4. ROUND TABLE

4.1 The Plugfest is July 14-15 in Berlin.  The web site is being created now,
<http://odfplugfest.de/>.  This one is being organized by two ministries of the German Federal Government.

4.2 There's a Budapest International Symposium on the Value of ODF and Open Standards, June 28.  Organizers include EuroOffice, Oracle Hungary, Budapest U of Tech and Economics, others.

5. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING
There is no meeting on June 29.  Bart will be traveling.

The next call is in four weeks, on 2011-07-13.

Respectfully submitted,

  Dennis E. Hamilton, OIC TC Secretary