Subject: RE: [oiic-formation-discuss] Welcome!

Rob,

Quick intro' from me here from the CAM front - looks like (AGAIN!) we're talking X's and Y's!

I posted something yesterday vis the CAM work - (BTW - the latest 1.3.2 of the Eclipse editor now has this all built-in! see - http://www.jcam.org.uk download) - next all you need is the tutorial...

Now I'm remembering I'm talking about web service and B2B exchanges - and you are talking about open document exchanges.  My guess is you'll have a lot of binary goup in your exchanges - digital imagery, multi-media content et al, free form tags, styles - and not much formal content model (aka B2B codelist values, numbers, parts, shipments).

Once again we have to be VERY careful that OASIS notices are making a clear delimitation for potential users that if they want interoperable web service / SOA / B2B exchanges - then the OASIS CAM framework gives them the XSD ingestion, exchange template generation, documentation and automatic test data generation to do that - while ODF is about open document exchange between desktop content solutions "above the line" for people not machines!

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [oiic-formation-discuss] Welcome!
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, June 03, 2008 11:41 am
To: oiic-formation-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

A quick note to say hello and welcome.   To those who don't know me, I'm Rob Weir from IBM.   I'm Co-Chair of the OASIS ODF TC.

We're just getting started up on this TC formation discussion list.  Mary McRae sent out the Call for Participation last night to the OASIS members and the TC announcement list:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00001.html

I'm also forwarding the invite to other interested parties, the ODF Fellowship, the ODF Alliance, attendees of the ODF Interop Camp we had last year, etc.

Please forward to invite to anyone else you might think would be interested.

Since the CFP just went out, I expect it will take a day or two for people to process their emails and sign up for the list.

So until then, it would be good if those of you who have joined already, would give a quick post to announce yourself, so we have a sense of when we have critical mass signed up.

Regards,

-Rob

Rob Weir
Software Architect