Subject: RE: [oiic-formation-discuss] Hello from Covington!

Patrick,

Good thoughts.

Yes - I agree there are swathes of grey areas here inbetwix.  And opportunity for cross-fertilization of ideas and techniques.

I just would not anticipate CAM template today validating a ODF exchange in the same way it can check a business transaction exchange.

Now of course given extensions and possibly additional rule engine plug-in - to handle document style content - then that may be a different prospect.

I have enough on my plate for now though getting things running reliably given all the vaguries of transaction exchanges, namespaces, XSD techniques for modelling constructs and more!

We are in a much better place though than we were 3 months ago - in terms of having robust functionality working.

How's the XML coding going in Covington these days?

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [oiic-formation-discuss] Hello from Covington!
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>
Date: Tue, June 03, 2008 1:53 pm
To: oiic-formation-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

Greetings!

Just a short note to say that I am joining the list!

Interoperability is one of the primary reasons why I like XML in general
and ODF in particular.

I just saw David RR Webber's note. Hello David!

I think our understanding of documents is going to change over time (not
necessarily get deeper/better just different) so while I don't object to
the distinctions you mention, I would not make the lines too bright or
too steep.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--