Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Interoperability versus Conformity

-
I'm not sure I have a clear idea of what I have in mind,
partially due to my lack of knowledge of the Standard. However
it seems that to have the best shot at a comprehensive
auditable standard of interoperability we need to do two things

1. Define interoperability and what it covers
2. Tie these definitions to the standard

I could be way off with this of course.

Jerome

> on a semi-related note, I've removed the google doc link for
> the moment, but
> I will have another form of it for the mailing list to edit shortly.
>
> Anyhow, what format do you have in mind for this? Are you
> saying you want a
> line by line comparison? Or are you saying from the perspective
> of order of
> things we are doing? Please share your idea you have in mind.
>
> Best Regards,
> Matthew B. Reingold

> Would it not be better to structure this process a bit, say by
>
> > starting with the ODF Spec and then allocating interoperability
> > requirements to each part?
> >
> > Jerome Davies
> > IT Manager
> > PDG Helicopters

IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information in this email is confidential and is intended

solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any
disclosure,copying,distribution or action taken or omitted to

be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Please also contact the sender and delete the material from any

computer.

PLM Dollar Group Limited trading as PDG Helicopters is
registered in Scotland No. 157532 with its address: The
Heliport, Dalcross, Inverness, IV2 7XB

Please visit our website at www.pdg-helicopters.co.uk