Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Interoperability versus Conformity

"David Gerard" <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote on 06/11/2008 02:45:12 PM:

> 2008/6/11 Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net>:
>
> > I think that your comments on the Acid Test are on the mark, though it could
> > be preferable to capture the enthusiasm now rather than stifling/deferring
> > it
>

> Seconded. (I was about to write something like this.) Capturing
> enthusiasm right now is *very important*. It can be filtered later -
> but pre-filtering kills input.
>
> This means a wiki, a shared Google doc, anything to act as Massively
> Multiplayer Online Notepad to capture immediate ideas. Something at
> all right now is better than The Perfect Right Thing later.
>
> Everyone has an idea of what interoperability is and isn't (i.e. they
> know very well when something isn't), even if they don't have the
> words at the top of their minds ready to write.

OK.  That's a good idea.  If we can redirect the non-charter items to a wiki or whatever, the we can capture those ideas for later reference.  If someone can provide direction there, I'll concentrate on leading the discussion on the charter questions.

> There's calls out across the net for people to come to this list and
> look at what's going on - harnessing (and slightly directing) that
> enthusiasm is vitally important, because it won't keep if quashed.

Isn't there anyone out there enthused about drafting charters? ;-)

-Rob