Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] (1)(d) A list of deliverables,with projected completion dates.

Dave,

Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/6/13 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
> <Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
>

>> I think we should focus on those features actually that are
>> widely used rather than on test cases where we know that the features
>> are not widely implemented.
>
> With what objective please?
> A conformance check on the easily implemented tests (or weakly defined
> features)?

No, this is not what I meant. What I meant is that we should aim to
measure, improve or write guidelines for those ODF features that are
commonly used rather than caring about a few features that are seldom used.

>> So far we have suggestion for tests, but we do not have suggestion how
>> we can help implementors in their implementation work.
>
> I didn't read that in the charter Michael. Could you point it out please?

Sorry, but to which charter you are referring. The purpose of this group
is to discuss a charter, but I don't think this list has a charter
itself. But actually implementation guidelines are included as item 4 in
the announcement of this list:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00001.html

So, its not out of scope.

>> That is:
>>
>> 7) A mailing list or forum for implementors that is moderated by this TC
>> 8) Optionally an implementation guideline document that summarizes
>> important guidelines discussed in the mailing list or forum.
>
> We only have 90 days Michael. Perhaps the implementers could do
> that job on their own? They have most to gain from it?

I think there is some misunderstanding. We have 90 days to work out the
charter details. When this is done, the real TC works starts, and we
have as many time for that as we need.

Best regards

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org